Monday, July 20, 2015

weekday highs 

to be honest, somedays I have to be really creative to come up with entertaining activities to do by myself on weeknights when Stephen works until midnight (or later). 

I do a lot of wandering around neighborhoods ... 
and try to stay out of stores to avoid spending every dollar I have 

But there was a lot of good this week! Here are some highlights: 

MONDAY 

Monday was an especially fun day because my dad got tickets to see Jimmy Fallon 


I took my friend / old roomie, Alex (aka A-OLP) along with me! 
I now know why she was on dates every night of the week last year
SHE IS A GOOD TIME
we had so much fun

^^ our two seconds of fame with Jimmy!! 

TUESDAY 
 after work I wandered 

 ^^ appreciating the art at the Fulton subway station 

^^ TRIBECA 

I'm telling you, TriBeCa is the greatest neighborhood. 
Natalie & I are convinced that we know which apartment building is T-Swift's 
(big deal) 

^^ yogurt-obsessed & grateful to have a Red Mango just around the corner 
peanut butter + oreo froyo. YES, PLEASE!

WEDNESDAY 

I think work was long and maybe some laundry happened? 


THURSDAY 

Alex & I went on another girl-date 
This time to ABC Kitchen 

We LOVED it 
We sat in these huge, velvet chairs that anyone would just dream of napping in! 
Everything on their menu is farm to table and delicious!! 

^^ the cutest little friend date!! 

OK now the good part .... THE FOOD ... 

We did what good friends do & ordered a few things to share 

 ^^ avocado & roasted carrot salad with pine nuts 

^^ goat cheese + spinach pizza on wheat 


^^ salted caramel ice cream with caramel popcorn, chocolate fudge and homemade whip cream 
WUUUUT. I know. 





No comments:

Post a Comment